I can't regulate to run KOTOR 1 in windowed mode, i beg your pardon I must do in order for it not to crash on set-up...

You are watching: Knights of the old republic windowed mode

So I simply re-installed KOTOR in heavy steam after not having actually played it because that a year (woah!). That course, once I start KOTOR it crashes straight-away. So i tried to do the old windowed setting trick. I checked out the ini record and go FullScreen=0, and I also included the line AllowWindowedMode=1. Curiously enough though, once I beginning KOTOR the still launches in full screen mode, which of course reasons it come crash directly away.

Why have my transforms to this ini document not worked?

Thanks in advance.

Additional info:

fully updated heavy steam version with some of the mods from the list here on this sub4476mountvernon.com. Home windows 10.

laptop with combined graphics (I know I know...)

Yes i tried to run in compatability mode and also as one administrator

I just finished KOTOR 2 there is no a solitary crash, although that was likewise in windowed mode.

11 comments
hide
100% Upvoted
Log in or authorize up to leaving a comment
Sort by: best

level 1
Op · 5y · edited 5y
Darth Revan
I it seems ~ to have actually fixed it by additionally manually transforming the game's resolution in the ini file!

edit: KOTOR quiet crashes at cutscenes though, hmm.

ReportSave
level 2
· 5y
Kreia is my Waifu

If it's crashing at this point, it's most most likely the fullscreen bug. The probable equipment is patching it to widescreen, although the does unfortunately take a bit of time.

ReportSave
Continue this thread

level 2
· 5y
You have the right to disable movie in the config regimen that's in the same brochure as the exe

ReportSave
level 2
· 5y
Still a Meatbag

Did you readjust it to your monitor's resolution? I discovered that to run it in 800x600 and then maximizing the home window allows me to run it in ~ my monitor's resolution perfectly. My screen does some kind of scaling. Although that can not work-related for you considering your problem with it going right to fullscreen.

See more: Carta De Buenos Dias Para Mi Novia, Novio, Mensajes De Buenos Dias Para Mi Novia Largos

ReportSave
Continue this thread

level 2
· 5y
Yeah I had actually to carry out that together well, in enhancement to modifying the complete screen setting from "1" to "0"

ReportSave
level 1
· 5y
All tingly inside

I i found it Kotor acting weird once i play it on home windows 10 recently. It would minimize everytime a movie played together if to readjust resolution. I didn't play it making use of the widescreen resolve though and i didn't use the heavy steam version, yet the repertoire 2 in 1 version thingie.

ReportSave
More short articles from the kotor community
Continue browsing in r/kotor

r/kotor
A sub4476mountvernon.com because that fans that BioWare's standard 2003 RPG Star Wars: *Knights of the Old Republic*, Obsidian Entertainment's 2004 sequel *Star Wars: Knights that the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords*, and also Asypr's upcoming *Knights that the Old Republic: Remake*
102k
Members

311

Online

Created Aug 28, 2011
Join

Top write-ups january 6th 2017Top write-ups of january, 2017Top posts 2017
help4476mountvernon.com coins4476mountvernon.com premium4476mountvernon.com gifts
aboutcareerspressadvertiseblogTermsContent policyPrivacy policyMod policy